Minimalism is one of the most common styles in modern interior design. This is a style for admirers of simplicity, brevity and not cluttered space, for those who appreciate the rationality of things.
Minimalism is characterized by asceticism, precision of proportions with precise adjusted lines, ease of decoration and the least amount of furniture and decor.
The main features of minimalism style:
- bright volumetric space, all parts have a purely functional purpose.
- minimal division into rooms, conditional zoning prevails by light, shape, texture.
- a variety of multi-level lighting.
- the color scale is dominated by light (white, shades of gray) contrasting with black, gray, natural wood colors. The second version of the color palette is a game of halftones, without screaming accents.
- glossy textures, glass, metal prevail; materials with a rough texture are often used: stone, brick, concrete or plaster.
- simple forms in furniture, lack of decor.
- large windows with light curtains, and sometimes even without them, only a roller blind.
Minimalism does not like mistakes, it is a style of impeccable combination of forms, proportions and textures.
Furniture plays a special role in the interior in the style of minimalism. Furniture should be as simple as possible, but it should not lose its functionality.In the style of minimalism is achieved due to the internal stuffing thought out to the smallest detail. In minimalist interiors, modular furniture with glossy or matte facades with the use of glass and metal elements prevails. Upholstered furniture of strict rectangular shapes is squat or vice versa on high chrome legs, in plain upholstery without extra decorative pillows and rollers. But despite all the austerity of minimalist sofas, beds, chairs, its main advantages are comfort and ergonomics.
The feeling of volumetric space is achieved by the release of windows, which gives access to daylight. Minimalism does not welcome lush curtains, only functional elements: plain light curtains, vertical or horizontal blinds or shutters. Artificial light should be thought out to the smallest detail, so light is one of the basic elements of building minimalistic space. Lamps with shades of simple geometric shapes, hidden ceiling lights, point light.
The walls in the minimalist interior are decorated with wallpaper for painting or decorative plaster, monophonic or with the use of contrasting colors or two or three similar in shade. The texture of the walls plays an important role in the interior. It can be from smooth to embossed ragged texture. A combination of different textures is practiced for clearer functional zoning of space.
When designing the interior in the style of minimalism, the main thing is to keep it concise, not overload. Minimalism does not like random, erratic elements, everything must meet the rigor of forms and maximum functionality. The atmosphere of a minimalist interior is space, cleanliness and peace.
P.S. Photos of interiors are taken from the Internet.