Fusion (fusion) literally translates from English as “merging” or “mixing”, this style in the interior is characterized by the “combination of the incompatible”, in other words, it combines the ideas of different contradictory styles, forming a holistic, harmonious space.
This style is interesting because it combines the absolute any interior styles. The basic rule is the absence of rigid canons and restrictions! All elements of the interior are connected not at the functional, but at the affective level. This denial of typical stylistic norms and rules makes it possible to create unique, absolutely exclusive interiors.
Most often, fusion, as the style of the interior, is embodied in apartments, especially the so-called “Stalin”, “Khrushchev”
Interior fusion style is most often built on a combination of past, present, and future. The “past” is all kinds of antiques or antique things: furniture, lamps, vases, figurines, paintings and other decorative elements. At the same time, it is desirable that all objects be from different eras and cultures, this will allow creating a special intertemporal atmosphere. The “Future” in the interior appears in the form of original modern creations, for example, a designer chair of unusual design, a gigantic lamp or a picture of an extravagant technique , it can also be figures and figurines. The fundamental criteria for fusion style is: texture; color; materials.
Distinctive features of fusion in the interior:
- color spectrum. Most often fusion implies bright rich designs, neutral hues are not characteristic of this style, but this does not mean that fusion is a coloristic chaos. The color scheme of this style, first of all, should be very thought out and harmonious. All shades are carefully selected, since it is the color that weaves the different-style elements into a coherent, balanced interior.
- main colors: indigo, aquamarine, rich pink, violet-cherry, shades of green and yellow, terracotta, red. This variety of colors is necessarily softened with white, shades of gray and even black. A special place in fusion interiors is occupied by various prints and patterns (ethnic, vegetable, animalistic), though you need to be careful with them, you need to feel the balance.
- materials used are various: metal and wood, natural stone and brick, genuine leather and fur, plastic and glass.
- walls often identify functional areas in space. This technique is performed due to the different textures of the walls, for example, painting them in different colors or wallpapering, revetting with a decorative stone, making textured plaster or brick imitation.
- ceiling. Fusion implies mixing any styles, therefore the ceiling can have different shapes and designs, everything depends on the dominant style in the interior.
- floor. The decoration of the floor are traditional or modern carpets, as well as animal skins or imitations.
- furniture. The main rule in the selection of furniture for the interior in fusion style is a complete rejection of furniture sets and sets in the same style. Fusion is the “blending” and furniture for this is the most expressive tool.
- lighting. The most frequently used point light, this type of lighting favorably zoning the space and focuses on the right parts. Central multi-track chandeliers are used quite rarely, mostly, this role is played by hanging lamps that illuminate a specific area in the interior, rather than the entire room. Table lamps, wall lamps, floor lamps, additional lighting, perform the function of decor.
- fusion interior decor must necessarily be of different time with motifs of different cultures, these can be paintings, photo frames, candlesticks, and also purely ethnic elements (African masks and totems, Mexican sombreros, Russian matryoshka or vases of ancient Chinese dynasty). Pop-art elements are actual for fusion: stickers, posters, graffiti on the wall, such decor will bring a touch of audacity and excitement.
- textile is a necessary element in the interior of the fusion. It is responsible for the texture and styling. All kinds of fabrics from coarse linen and jute cloths to bohemian velvet, velor and felt. Lush curtains, sophisticated curtains, decorative bedspreads, and carpets will turn any space into a complete harmonious interior.
The main advantage of the fusion style is its continuous development, renewal, it is in constant improvement. The inhabitants of this interior can further fill the space with new details, allowing the design to evolve and evolve.
Fusion is an interior style built on emotional perception, where the harmony of textures, furniture and other elements of space is important, the functionality in it has a derived character.
P.S. Photos of interiors are taken from the Internet.